Wednesday, October 12, 2011

rub-a-dub-dub

I laid the sheets of paper out to get an idea of how it would look and got really excited!



my fingertips are raw, i have rubbed my painting so much. it's really painful. i decided after the first day, having lost half the skin on my poor little fingers, that i needed to find something else to rub the paper off. i got a bunch of cheep toothbrushes and they are working beautifully! my arm is sore though. it's amazing how labor intensive this process is...



I'm getting really frustrated with the way this is turning out. I was hoping that I had figured out the best ways to transfer, but i am quickly learning that is not the case. i think i should have done things differently. I should have taped the papers together and then cut out the figures. last time i transfer something this large i taped all the papers together, but working with a sheet that big caused problems. this time i left the papers separate, but now the seems are really prominent.



i've gone back over parts with paint, which hides it a little. i am considering starting over, or better yet, printing on large paper (3'x4'), and then wrapping that on the panels. the more i work on this the more i think that's what i'll end up doing. usually the more work i put into something the more i want to use it, and maybe that's why i want to use my digital creation - i wont lose any of the perfectly situated composition if i don't transfer it.

i painted my face, i'm not done with it yet, and decided i can't stop there. i'm going to paint the rest of myself, and see how i like that. i am not going to repaint every single person, but if i just repaint a few then it would imply something that's not meant.



detail

No comments:

Post a Comment