Wednesday, January 11, 2012

New Year's Goals

I'm not the best at making new years resolutions, but I am pretty good at setting goals for myself and reaching them. Over the break I was thinking about how I'm going to spend my time this semester now that I don't have classes. I am still working on a couple reports I wasn't able to finish because of an emergency that came up, but I need to be creative and feel fulfilled.



Goal #1. Make art everyday

I didn't get a degree in Studio Art for nothing so my first goal is to make art everyday. So far, I have done this. I have worked on a portrait nearly everyday, and now I have quite a few more self portraits. I need more faces, so let me know if I can do a portrait of you! I have also been working a lot on my younger sister's wedding announcements - which has been really fun and exciting. I've made a few different ones and they all look great. I'll post them after they have their official debut.




Goal #2. Exercise regularly

Well, this is awkward... I don't know what to say here... Haha. Okay, in my mind, I was thinking I would go running every morning. That hasn't happened yet. I think I do better with a running buddy. Anyone? I can say this, however, there are 2 flights of stairs in my new apartment (mom, that's TWO), and I have to go up and down them everyday. Multiple times. I have also walked to and from campus...



Goal #3. Apply Alma 38:12

Use boldness, but not overbearance; and also see that ye bridle all your passions, that ye may be filled with love; see that ye refrain from idleness. I love that it says to use boldness, but not overbearance. I want to incorporate this into my everyday life, and into the parts of my life that are not as successful as others. Okay... Do you want to know a secret? The scripture wasn't exactly the goal I wrote down, but I think it is a more reasonable one. i'll leave the actual one up to Kimber this year... Oh yeah, I think i'm doing okay on this goal too.

No comments:

Post a Comment